The product is designed to offer fast, effectual organize of grown-up mosquito populations. The request material has a very low toxicity outline to mammals and will have insignificant crash to non-target insects and the surroundings.
Certain mosquito species carry the West Nile virus, which can cause humans to agreement West Nile encephalitis, and disease that can consequence in an irritation of the brain. According to the Pennsylvania section of Health, all residents in areas where virus action has been documented are at hazard of contracting West Nile encephalitis.
West Nile virus has been detected in the following counties: Adams, Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Berks, Blair, Bucks, Cambria, Carbon, Centre, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Erie, Franklin, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lawrence, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Mercer, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Northumberland, Perry, Philadelphia, Schuylkill, Snyder, Union, Washington, and York.
Weather circumstances and other unpredicted events could holdup or stop this squirt process. If conditions do not permit request on August 19, 2013, the following evening will serve as the back-up spray date.
Individuals can take a figure of defensive measures approximately their homes to help eradicate mosquito-breeding areas, including:
• Dispose of cans, buckets, plastic containers, pottery pots or alike containers that hold water.
• Correctly position of discarded tires that can gather water. Stagnant water is where most mosquitoes breed.
• Drill holes in the base of outdoor recycling containers.
• Have clogged roof gutters cleaned each year as the leaves from surrounding trees have a propensity to stop drains.
• Turn over artificial wading pools what time not in use.
• Turn over wheelbarrows and don’t let water idle in birdbaths.
• Aerate decorative pools or store them with fish.
• Clean and chlorinate swimming pools not in use and take away any water that may gather on pool covers. If a resident has stagnant pools of water on their belongings, they can buy BTI products at lawn and garden, outdoor provide, home development and other stores. This logically occurring bacterium kills mosquito larvae, but is secure for people, pets, marine life and plants.
In addition, this easy defense can stop mosquito bites, chiefly for people who are most at risk:
• Make confident screens fit firmly over doors and windows to stay mosquitoes out of homes.
• Believe wearing long-sleeved shirts, long pants and socks when outdoors, chiefly when mosquitoes are most lively at dawn and dusk, or in areas recognized for having huge numbers of mosquitoes.